Yes, some panels, even those with the same efficiency, perform better in low sunlight.
Some solar panels generate higher electricity than other panels of similar wattage under low light conditions, even though at higher levels of solar radiation, both panels might generate the same amount of electricity. Solar panels with this positive characteristic could thus generate more during early morning and late evening hours, resulting in a higher output overall over solar panels without this feature.
That is, let us say you have two solar panels, both with 16% efficiency. The panel with a higher performance at low sunlight will actually have a higher effective efficiency during low sunlight periods – be they early mornings or cloudy days – than the panel without this beneficial feature.
While estimates can vary from one panel to another, Solar Mango’s estimates suggest that over 25 years, panels having a higher performance during low light could generate as much as 7% higher electricity than panels without this feature.
So, when you are considering high performance solar panels, look for the presence of this attractive feature. Those panels that sport this feature will have this mentioned in the data sheet. Look for it!
You Might Want to Check Out these Questions Too on Performance
- Will a Solar Panel Really Last 25 Years?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a High Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Moderate Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Low Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Do I Know if My Solar Panels are Generating Maximum Possible Electricity?-Here
- How Do I Know Thin Film Solar Panels Can Work for 25 Years?-Here
- Is Choosing a Very High Efficiency Panel a Good Idea?-Here
- How Can I Maximise Generation from Solar Panels from a Limited Rooftop Area?-Here
- What is the Highest Efficiency for Solar Panels in 2016?-Here
- Do High Efficiency Solar Panels Generate More Electricity than Low Efficiency Panels?-Here
- What Will be a Solar Panel’s Efficiency After 25 Years?-Here
- What are the Typical Solar Panel Efficiency I Should Look for?-Here
- How Much Generation Decrease Can Result from Dust on Solar Panels?-Here
- How Much Electricity will a Solar Panel Generate in a Year?-Here
- What is the Warranty Available for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Standard Performance Guarantee Work for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Linear Performance Guarantee Works for Solar Panels?-Here
he Super Big Solar Panel FAQ from Solar Mango, where expert answers to over 100 frequently asked questions on solar panels are provided.
Looking for high quality solar panels at excellent prices? Take Solar Mango’s Solar Panel Sourcing Assistance!