Solar PV Module Manufacturing in India – Comprehensive Consulting Assistance by Solar Mango
Are You Planning to Set Up a Module Manufacturing Unit in India?
Talk to Solar Mango and benefit from our specialized expertise in the solar module sector.
Capitalize on Government’s Pro-Solar Manufacturing Policies
The Modi Government at the Centre is providing an enormous impetus on ‘Make in India’ for Solar and has also set a super-ambitious target of 100 GW of Solar by 2022. The ministry is even considering to provide direct subsidies to Solar Panel manufacturers to encourage growth. Given all this huge thrust, Indian businesses are having the most attractive opportunity in Solar, now.
To make the most of this opportunity, talk to us! – email@example.com or Call Ramya @ 9489339903
India today has an installed domestic module manufacturing capacity of about 3100 MW. Of this, India’s top tier module manufacturing companies contribute about 40% of the overall capacity. Solar Mango estimates that an additional 400 MW will be added between May and Dec 2016, and an additional 650 MW in 2017.
Given these market conditions, it is important for the client to evaluate the expected growth, demand and market potential of solar modules before testing the waters. Solar Mango, armed with the experience gained from assisting corporates diversifying into the module manufacturing vertical, can provide rare insights in the following key sections:
Market Potential Analysis
Solar Mango can do a thorough analysis and determine the market potential for Solar PV modules as mentioned below:
Market potential for modules
- Current Demand
- Future Demand
- Demand for various segments
- By region
- By rooftop or ground-mounted
Current Supply and Competitor status
- Domestic manufacturing scenario of modules currently
- Domestic manufacturing scenario of modules forecast until 2020
- Trends in imports of modules – now and until 2020
Demand – Supply Analysis
- Estimates of module demand-supply for different scenarios – Optimistic, likely, pessimistic
- Solar Mango will provide an understanding of what are the policies and regulatory barriers that one needs to be aware of-before entering module manufacturing
- Role of DCR (Domestic Content Requirement) in the success of module business in India
- Future prospects of the module business inside and outside India
The solar PV manufacturing sector has significant challenges. Some parts of the value chain such as Polysilicon manufacturing have no domestic players but are high risk investments, given the high Capex involved and the significant global competition.
On the other hand, module manufacturing is a relatively low risk game from a Capex standpoint, but have significant competition from numerous domestic companies as well as Chinese companies that offer similar products at far lower prices.
For a new entrant in solar module manufacturing, it is necessary to evaluate the competition before anything and Solar Mango can evaluate the competitive landscape within the sector, with detailed look at the strengths and weaknesses of principal competitors as follows:
Evaluation of Key Players
We can do a thorough assessment on the 10 most successful players in Solar PV manufacturing segment which will include details on the following:
- Profiles, history and years in operation
- Regional scope of activities
- Size of company in terms of number of employees, revenues, growth in revenues
- Details on the growth of the company in terms of revenues, regional expansion etc.
- Comprehensive details of the products and solutions offers and business model followed
- Key success factors behind their profit leadership and market share leadership.
- Key bottlenecks and challenges faced, and solutions being developed for the same.
Techno-Commercial Feasibility Analysis
Solar Mango can provide a comprehensive study of the cost structures and expected returns from a module plant.
Cost of setting up a module plant
- Capital costs
- Break-up of capital costs
- Operating costs
- Break-up of operating costs
- Other expenses
Expected returns from setting up a module plant
- Simulated returns under multiple scenarios, based on various dimensions
- Price of modules
- Capacity utilization
- Cash flow statements for the various scenarios simulated above
- Payback periods plus return on investments
As one of the few companies in India who has undertaken strategic and techno-economic feasibility studies for every component of the solar PV business value chain, Solar Mango will be an invaluable partner and guide for you in your exploration into the solar PV module manufacturing.
To know more on how Solar Mango can help your organization explore business opportunities in the solar PV manufacturing space,
Send an email to – firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Ramya @ 9489339903