Marketing managers are responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for an organization (or lines of business and brands within an organization) in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. A solar marketing manager’s role is not far away from this. Most solar companies are either into solar EPC project sales or product sales. A marketing manager’s responsibility is to assist sales happen by deploying successful marketing campaigns.
Solar is growing at a rapid pace in India, so is the competition. Hence, there is a growing appetite for good marketing managers in the industry.
Solar Marketing Manager Job Summary
A Solar Marketing manager’s role revolves around – developing and implementing marketing strategy and activities including branding, communications, thought-leadership content marketing, market analytics and sales-enabling initiatives.
Marketing managers play a critical role in defining and communicating the company’s value proposition for respective products/services – to the right audience and at the right time.
Depending on the specific position and role, your job will involve some or all of the following:
- Develop marketing implementation strategies and carry-out marketing initiatives to support rapid sales growth.
- Lead creative efforts such as writing, designing, managing and updating marketing collateral including producing articles, presentations, datasheets, press releases, newsletters, website, etc. and organize distribution of the same.
- Develop new advertising material and execute campaigns and plans.
- Manage relationships across all company departments to ensure seamless and consistent branding, marketing messaging and communications from a corporate marketing perspective.
- Plan, organize and execute company participation in and marketing strategy for industry trade shows, conferences, and events.
- Create social media communication strategy and implement actions to increase brand awareness and support overarching marketing campaigns and objectives through social media platforms.
- Engage in market research and analytics to capture industry trends, project pipeline, potential leads, and direct competitor analysis and apply intel to marketing strategies.
- Maintain marketing collateral, branded merchandising, advertising and media files.
- Create digital marketing strategies, including e-mail blasts, website updates, e-mail signature messaging, social media and advertisements to enact real-time campaigns.
Typical Qualifications Expected
Educational qualification and experience needed for the Solar Marketing Manager job depends on each company’s requirements.
Most companies look for MBA candidates with some experience (typically 2-3 years).
An Engineering degree will be an added advantage.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- A team player and ability to build relationships.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and complete on a timely basis.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Creative, innovative and pro-active.