A Solar Module is the most important component of a Solar Power System – it is the one that generates electricity and the rest of the system is only to ensure that the electricity thus generated is converted and transported optimally.
Given the above fundamental and economic aspects, it is imperative to invest some quality time and effort before purchasing solar modules.
So, what makes the choice of solar panels difficult?
- When there are more than 1500 module brands available in the market, how will you select the best one optimal for your solar power system?
- How can you select the right solar module which is an intersection of both good quality and the right price?
- How would you know that your solar installer’s recommendation for solar modules is the best?
Did you know?
- PID (Potential Induced Degradation) in solar panels can cause up to 30% performance loss within the first year itself
- Solar cells in a panel are categorized based on grades. For a high quality panel, the solar cells should be either of grade A or B
- Nominal Operating Cell Temperature(NOCT) of the panels should be within 47ᵒC to ensure that loss is minimal during high temperatures
- Solar panels of good quality always have positive power tolerances, which basically means that the generated power will never be below the rated power at standard conditions
- Sub-components of panels such as backsheet , frame, glass, adhesive, junction boxes, etc., should be sourced from reputed companies
- The numerous cells in the solar panel should be soldered perfectly to the panel body to avoid burn-outs
But how does a common man analyse so many technical aspects in a solar panel?
This is where the Solar Module Selection Advisor comes in.
Who is this Advisor for?
The Solar Module Selection Advisor is for those who:
- Value quality selection for a product with a 25-year old lifetime
- Keen on having solar panels on their homes
- Keen on having solar panels on their factories, commercial buildings or institutes
- Are new to solar but keen on ensuring a high quality solar power plants
What does the Module Selection Advisor offer?
- Different kind of panel technologies and their applications
- Simple checklist of critical parameters a quality panel should have
- An easy methodology to evaluate your solar panel before purchase
- Case studies on effect of panel quality on solar generation
- Cost brackets to which panels of different qualities fall
- Returns vs. Investments for low, medium and high quality panels
From all the above, a non-expert can easily evaluate solar panels and ensure optimal generation from his/her solar power plant.
List of Contents
- Solar PV Industry Status and Current Trends
- Solar PV
- Current Solar PV Market Scenario
- Basics of Solar Panels
- Technology Options
- Applications of Different Technologies
- Sub-Components of Solar Panels
- Cells – Their role and selection
- Glass – Their role and selection
- Encapsulant – Their role and selection
- Backsheet – Their role and selection
- Frames – Their role and selection
- Characteristics and Features of Solar Panels
- Technical Specifications and Corresponding Definitions
- Component Evaluation Framework of Solar Panels
- Need for Evaluation of Components
- Checklist of Critical Parameters to Evaluate Panels
- Sample Evaluation of a Panel
- Module Manufacturers
- List of Global Manufacturers
- Risk Mitigation
- Need for Insurance
- Risks Covered by Insurance Providers
- Warranties and Certifications
- Types of Warranties Provided by Panel Manufacturers
- Significance of the Types of Warranties
- Standards and Certifications Required for Panels in Different Countries
Some of the critical questions that will be answered by this unique report:
- How do solar panels work?
- What are the sub-components of a module and why should I know about these?
- What are the different panel technologies and corresponding applications?
- What are the parameters for selecting a suitable panel?
- What does a cell grade (grade A, B, etc.) indicate?
- How do Chinese and Indian modules compare?
- How good are German and Japanese modules?
- How is the panel performance affected in low light conditions?
- What is the type of performance guarantee for the module and how does it matter?
- What is the actual lifetime of a module?
- What determines the lifetime?
- What are the different capacity ratings at which modules come?
- What are the different sizes of solar modules?
- How does panel performance vary with temperature?
- Why are Indian panels costly?
- Why should modules be cleaned regularly and are there are other types of maintenance to be undertaken?
- What are the typical problems that arise if I go for low quality modules?
- Who is responsible for the panel’s warranty – is it the EPC or the Manufacturer?
- Should I go for very high efficiency modules? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- What types of insurance are available for solar modules?
- How do I ensure that my installer delivers the panels I have asked for?
- How much do modules weigh and why is this important?
- What are the additional taxes involved for importing panels?
- What are the financing options for panels?
- What are the subsidies applicable for procurement on solar panels?
Who are we?
We are Solar Energy Experts with decade-long experience in the entire Solar PV value chain. At Solar Mango, we have assisted many Solar Developers put up high quality Solar Power systems. Our Expertise lies in making the Solar system – Reasonably Good to Really Good.
The price of the Solar Module Selection Advisor is $35