The price of solar panels in 2016 (as of Jul 2016) depends on where and which brand you are purchasing, and also the quantum of purchase.
Chinese panels, good quality, bought in bulk could cost the developer about 47 cents/W, while in smaller quantums could cost about 50 c/W.
Indian solar panels cost upwards of 55 c/W for large sizes (5 MW and higher), and close to 60 c/W for small sizes (a few kW).
If you are going for very high efficiency monocrystalline solar panels, you might have to shell out close to 80 c/W, especially for very premium panels with 21+% efficiency.
You Might Want to Check Out these Questions Too on Costs & Prices
- What Will be the Price of Solar Panels in 2017?-Here
- How Best Can I Negotiate to Ensure I Get High Quality Solar Panels at Best Possible Prices?-Here
- What are the Best Ways to Get High Quality Solar Panels at Low Prices?-Here
- Can I Get Solar Panels at Low Prices if I Buy in Bulk?-Here
- Can I Get Solar Panels at Low Prices If I Buy Directly from Manufacturer?-Here