You would have heard about solar panels in some contexts, and solar modules in others, and you must be left wondering – what is what? Are these the same, or different?
Well, for all practical purposes, you can take that solar modules and solar panels refer to the same product!
Solar Module/Panel refers to a single photovoltaic panel which is a packaged, connected assembly of solar cells.
They are used as a component of a larger PV system when connected in series or parallel with other modules. When exposed to sunlight they produce power. Majority of Solar modules/panels are crystalline silicon panels.
You Might Want to Check Out these Too on the Rest of the Questions
- What is a Solar PV Array? How is it Different from a Solar Module?-Here
- Can Solar Panels be Recycled?-Here
- Can I Use Different Brands of Solar Modules in the Same Rooftop or Solar Farm?-Here
- Is It a Good Idea to Have Elevated Solar Panels on My Rooftop to Get an Extra Room?-Here
- How Many Cells are there in a Solar Panel?-Here