Consultants help organizations to solve issues, create value, maximize growth and improve business performance. They use their business skills to provide objective advice and expertise and help an organization to develop any specialist skills that it may be lacking.
Similar to any industry, solar also requires both technical and market facing consultants to provide guidance and research assistance to companies. Technical consultants involve themselves in creating drawings, design and engineering part of solar power plants and solar module manufacturing facilities. Market facing consultants are good at preparing techno-commercial reports, DPRs, evaluation and selection of vendors etc.
Many large companies appoint independent consultants to get unbiased project opinion and recommendations. Hence there is a lot of scope for solar consultant jobs in India.
Solar Consultant Job Summary
A solar consultant’s job will be mainly to assess the solar investment – technically and commercially and provide required guidance that will enable the companies to take strategic decisions. Most of solar consultant job involves market research and following up the market trends.
Depending on the specific position and role, your job will involve some or all of the following:
- Techno-commercial feasibility study and resource assessment for Solar PV power projects.
- Market research, preparation of project proposals, DPRs, interaction with clients and vendors related to Solar PV.
- Tender/Bid process management in Solar PV (Rooftop PV or Utility Scale).
- Design and development of Policy and Regulatory Framework for deployment of Rooftop PV and Utility Scale, solar power projects.
- Consulting support to state level entities and agencies for program design/development and implementation support for Rooftop PV, Solar PV projects, Solar Parks etc.
- Developing detailed engineering design and drawings (in the case of technical consulting job profile)
Typical Qualifications Expected
Educational qualification and experience needed for the Solar Consultant job depends on each company’s requirements.
Most companies look for Degree in engineering candidates with some experience (typically 2-3 years) in handling Solar Power–Rooftop PV or Utility Scale projects
- Good analytical skill.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong interpersonal skill.
- Demonstrate capacity of execution/project management in Solar PV domain.
- Familiar with various solar policies and regulations