The efficiency of any solar power system depends on two critical aspects – Good design and quality components. A high yielding solar power plant always starts with a good design.
In most solar EPC/installation companies, design team is a critical element and hence most companies prefer to have an in-house design engineer. With the India Government’s impetus to achieve 100 GW of Solar Power by 2022, there will be a good amount of demand for Solar PV Design Engineers in the country.
Other Solar Jobs
Solar PV Design Job Summary
A Solar PV Designer’s job is mainly to design and develop site plans for solar panel installation. The Design Engineer takes the initial system concept ideas and translates them into fully detailed construction ready designs. Coordinating with multiple team members and customers, the Design Engineer balances the necessity of a customer solution with the efficiency of standard practices.
A typical Solar PV Designer’s job will predominantly revolve around following three key responsibilities:
- Calculations & Design
- BOM Preparation
- Overseeing project execution
Depending on the specific position and role, your job will involve some or all of the following:
- Use custom software tools to design PV ground mounted and roof top systems
- Perform accurate system sizing calculations
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems, using computer-aided design (CAD)/ PVsyst software
- Run PVsyst reports for system production estimates
- Develop optimal designs with SLD, PML, conduit and wire scheduling, routing and equipment plans, and conceptual 3-D renderings
- Execute designs that adhere to grid compliance and permitting requirements
- Building detailed bills of materials based on system specifications
- Coordinates with management team to develop complete proposal packages
- Work across functionally with sales, project management and installation teams to ensure clients’ needs and internal deadlines are met
- Troubleshoot design and construction issues in the field
Typical Qualifications Expected
Educational qualification and experience needed for the solar PV designer job depends on each company’s requirements.
Most companies prefer candidates with at least 1 year experience in doing dedicated engineering of Solar projects.
An Electrical Engineering degree will be an added advantage.
- Ability to design PV systems at 11/22/33/66 kV power levels
- Has knowledge in PVSYST and AutoCAD
- Has knowledge in electrical design concepts
Other Requirements & Expectations
- Should be ready for field visits
- Should be flexible to perform project management role if needed
- A quality mindset and attention to detail are some of the important qualities for this job
Looking for Solar Consultant Job?
Allow us to help you!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have something specific to tell us, do include a covering letter or a covering note in the email.
Looking to Hire Solar Consultant for Your Company?
We will help you find the right talent!
Send your requirements to email@example.com
It will be useful if you could be as detailed as possible about your requirements and your terms, so we are able to select just the right person.
Recruiting for Solar? Make sure you get the best.
Use the Solar Talent service from Solar Mango. Click here for more.
Latest Solar Job Openings