Whether you need a very high efficiency panel depends on whether you need a very high generation from a limited area – usually rooftop space.
You see, high efficiency panels (22% module efficiency) are far more expensive than panels with normal efficiency (about 16%). The high efficiency panel could cost 60% higher per kW, though funnily, per kW, the generation from the high efficiency panel will be the same as that from the low efficiency panel. Yes, take that.
As mentioned earlier, the kick from the high efficiency panel comes from higher generation from the same area than from a lower efficiency panel, but because a kW of high efficiency panel generates the same as a low efficiency panel of 1 kW but costs 60% higher, your electricity cost from a high efficiency panel (Rs or cents/kWh) will be significantly higher than that from a low efficiency panel.
So, it is up to you to decide.
What we have seen typically is that very high efficiency solar panels are usually chosen by select rooftop solar installations – be they in residential or in industrial/commercial settings. These are usually users who are highly quality, brand and prestige conscious, and are willing to pay the extra cost for this privilege.
You Might Want to Check Out these Questions Too on Performance
- Will a Solar Panel Really Last 25 Years?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a High Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Moderate Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Low Sunlight Region?-Here
- Do Some Solar Panels Perform Better than Other in Low Sunlight?-Here
- How Do I Know if My Solar Panels are Generating Maximum Possible Electricity?-Here
- How Do I Know Thin Film Solar Panels Can Work for 25 Years?-Here
- How Can I Maximise Generation from Solar Panels from a Limited Rooftop Area?-Here
- What is the Highest Efficiency for Solar Panels in 2016?-Here
- Do High Efficiency Solar Panels Generate More Electricity than Low Efficiency Panels?-Here
- What Will be a Solar Panel’s Efficiency After 25 Years?-Here
- What are the Typical Solar Panel Efficiency I Should Look for?-Here
- How Much Generation Decrease Can Result from Dust on Solar Panels?-Here
- How Much Electricity will a Solar Panel Generate in a Year?-Here
- What is the Warranty Available for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Standard Performance Guarantee Work for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Linear Performance Guarantee Works for Solar Panels?-Here