Some regions around the world are blessed with high-very high sunshine.
What do we mean by high sunshine, in a mathematical sense?
We mean that the Direct Normal Irradiance (DNI), a measure of solar radiation, will be above 5.5 kWh/m2/day for these regions. That is, the direct sunlight you get per m2 per day will be over 5.5 kWh.
For these regions, how much electricity generation can you can expect from a 1 kW solar panel?
Assuming you have bought a good quality solar panel and are maintaining it well through periodical cleaning, you can get on average 4.5-5 kWh per day for these regions.
Please note that this average is over a year – which means that on some days (summer for instance), you could get a lot more than 5 kWh per day while on a rainy day, you could be getting a lot less, but taking the total over a year, you will get on average 4.5-5 kWh/day for these high sunshine regions.
You Might Want to Check Out these Questions Too on Performance
- Will a Solar Panel Really Last 25 Years?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Moderate Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Low Sunlight Region?-Here
- Do Some Solar Panels Perform Better than Other in Low Sunlight?-Here
- How Do I Know if My Solar Panels are Generating Maximum Possible Electricity?-Here
- How Do I Know Thin Film Solar Panels Can Work for 25 Years?-Here
- Is Choosing a Very High Efficiency Panel a Good Idea?-Here
- How Can I Maximise Generation from Solar Panels from a Limited Rooftop Area?-Here
- What is the Highest Efficiency for Solar Panels in 2016?-Here
- Do High Efficiency Solar Panels Generate More Electricity than Low Efficiency Panels?-Here
- What Will be a Solar Panel’s Efficiency After 25 Years?-Here
- What are the Typical Solar Panel Efficiency I Should Look for?-Here
- How Much Generation Decrease Can Result from Dust on Solar Panels?-Here
- How Much Electricity will a Solar Panel Generate in a Year?-Here
- What is the Warranty Available for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Standard Performance Guarantee Work for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Linear Performance Guarantee Works for Solar Panels?-Here