Many regions around the world have moderate sunshine.
What do we mean by moderate sunshine, in a mathematical sense?
We mean that the Direct Normal Irradiance (DNI), a measure of solar radiation, will be in the range 3.5-5.5 kWh/m2/day for these regions. That is, the direct sunlight you get per m2 per day will be in the range 3.5-5.5 kWh.
For these regions, how much electricity generation can you can expect from a 1 kW solar panel?
Assuming you have bought a good quality solar panel and are maintaining it well through periodical cleaning, you can get on average 3.5-4 kWh per day for these regions.
Please note that this average is over a year – which means that on some days (summer for instance), you could get a lot more than 4 kWh per day while on a rainy day, you could be getting a lot less, but taking the total over a year, you will get on average 3.5-4 kWh/day for these moderate sunshine regions.
You Might Want to Check Out these Questions Too on Performance
- Will a Solar Panel Really Last 25 Years?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Moderate Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Low Sunlight Region?-Here
- Do Some Solar Panels Perform Better than Other in Low Sunlight?-Here
- How Do I Know if My Solar Panels are Generating Maximum Possible Electricity?-Here
- How Do I Know Thin Film Solar Panels Can Work for 25 Years?-Here
- Is Choosing a Very High Efficiency Panel a Good Idea?-Here
- How Can I Maximise Generation from Solar Panels from a Limited Rooftop Area?-Here
- What is the Highest Efficiency for Solar Panels in 2016?-Here
- Do High Efficiency Solar Panels Generate More Electricity than Low Efficiency Panels?-Here
- What Will be a Solar Panel’s Efficiency After 25 Years?-Here
- What are the Typical Solar Panel Efficiency I Should Look for?-Here
- How Much Generation Decrease Can Result from Dust on Solar Panels?-Here
- How Much Electricity will a Solar Panel Generate in a Year?-Here
- What is the Warranty Available for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Standard Performance Guarantee Work for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Linear Performance Guarantee Works for Solar Panels?-Here