An electrical junction box is a container for electrical connections, usually intended to conceal them from sight and deter tampering.
In the case of the solar module junction box, the electrical connections from the solar panels will placed in the junction box.
The junction box is an enclosure on the module where the PV strings are electrically connected.
A solar panel’s junction box is attached to the back of the solar panel. It wires the connectors together and is the output interface of the solar panel.
The cables from a junction box transport the electricity from the solar panel to array junction box.
A good junction box keeps corrosion at the terminals to a minimum, as it will exclude water coming in.
You Might Want to Check Out these Questions Too on Components & Sub-Components
- What is a Solar PV Backsheet? What are its Functions?-Here
- How Important are the Aluminium Frames around the Solar Panels?-Here
- Are There Ratings Available for Solar Module Junction Boxes?-Here
- Is the Glass Used in Solar Panels Customised for Solar?-Here
- Where are EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) Sheets Used in a Solar Module? What is their Role?-Here
- Should I be Concerned about What Backsheets are Used for Solar Panels?-Here
- What is a Silicon Wafer? And How Does It Affect the Quality of a Solar Cell?-Here
- What is a P-N junction of a Solar Cell?-Here