The cost of a rooftop solar PV system depends on the function it serves (to feed power into the grid, to support the load during a power failure, etc.) and incentives/subsidies available. It should be noted that all solar PV systems function by matching the voltage from some other source. Therefore the system has to be integrated with the grid, a battery backup, or a diesel generator.
|Investing in a MW Scale Solar Power Plant…But New to the Solar Sector?
Take Help from Experts @ Solar Mango
Send a note to Ramya @ email@example.com
Click here to know more
Types of rooftop solar PV systems
Rooftop solar PV systems are of 3 types:
- Grid-tied – These rooftop systems are primarily designed to supply the generated power to the grid and also power the load. These systems will NOT generate power during a power failure as the inverter shuts down the system to stop sending power into the grid and avoids the risk of electrocuting utility personnel who are working to repair the grid
- Grid-interactive – This system works in conjunction with either a battery backup or diesel generator to support the load even during a power failure.
- Off-grid – This system does not work with the grid and is designed to work only with a battery backup or diesel generator in off-grid applications
The difference between the systems lies in the kind of inverter used, and the inclusion of batteries. As
- What are the Indian policies and regulations (subsidies, incentives, permissions) that I should consider for my rooftop solar systems?
- Do I have to build my own rooftop plant or can I just buy solar power?
- Does rooftop solar PV generate power during a power failure?
- What is the capacity of the solar power system I require for my facility?
- What are the Warranties and Certifications I should look for in my rooftop PV system?