EPC, which stands for Engineering, Procurement, Construction, refers to the company that does turnkey work for a solar power plant implementation – from design, to procurement of components to power plant construction. Some EPCs also take up maintenance work during the duration of the solar power plant.
The following chain describes the various key components of value addition in a solar EPC operational chain:
Design ==> Approvals ==> Material Supply ==> Excavation & Construction ==> Mounting of Structures ==> Mounting of PV Panels & Electrical Wiring ==> Installation of Inverters and Substations ==> Testing and Connecting to Grid
The first aspect you should consider is to ensure that the EPC you choose should have expertise that covers all components of the above value chain. The EPC might not have all the skill sets in his core team, but should be able to show partnerships that have the capabilities the core team does not.
You might want to check out these questions too on Basic of Solar
- What are the different kinds of solar EPCs? – HereWhat are the roles and responsibilities of a solar EPC? – Here
- How many EPCs are there in India? – Here
- Solar EPC in India – Roles, Value Chain, Companies, Cost – Here
- Solar EPC Contracts – Terms & Conditions, Formats – Here
- What is the need for choosing the right EPC? – Here
- What could be some of the consequences of going for a poor quality solar EPC? – Here
- Should I go for a small EPC or a large EPC? – Here
- What are the critical characteristics of an EPC I should be most concerned about? – Here