Efficiency is one key feature of solar panels that most customers are interested in right away.
Although most customers go for ‘best value-for-money’ solar panels rather than ‘most efficient’ solar panels which are costlier, many customers are warming up to idea of purchasing premium high-efficiency panels.
Which are the ‘high-efficiency’ solar panels referred to over here?
Typically, by high-efficiency solar panels, we are referring to monocrystalline solar panels which have efficiencies in the range of 18-24%. What this means in layman terms is that, for the same rooftop area, monocrystalline panels have a higher electricity generation capacity.
SunPower and Panasonic are the two main companies that focus on producing high efficiency panels. In fact, SunPower holds the record for the world’s most efficient solar module with 24.1% efficiency.
But note that despite this high efficiency, the cost-conscious mass market does not prefer these panels due to their higher cost, which is typically 50% higher than polycrystalline panels. So, the target customers for these module maker are the customers who are more quality and brand focused.
So, essentially, Solar Mango feels that monocrystalline panels are especially attractive for customers who don’t mind paying a premium for a better quality. And these typically the customers who have an appetite for trying out new and innovative technologies in the market. Many IT industries and pharma companies belong to this category.
You might want to check out these questions too
- What is the relevance of building-integrated photovoltaics in the current solar market? – Read more
- Can solar panels look attractive? – Read more
- Why are rooftop customers keen on putting up solar panels over elevated structures? – Read more
- How beneficial are solar panels on parking lots? – Read more
- What are flexible solar panels and what benefits do they offer? – Read more
- How can transparent solar panels be a big boost to solar on tall buildings? – Read more
- Are there solar panels suitable for high dust environments? – Read more
- What are bifacial solar panels, and what are their advantages? – Read more
- What are Li-Fi solar panels and how do they work? – Read more
- Are solar panels on greenhouses a good idea? – Read more
- Will colored solar panels improve the attractiveness of solar PV? – Read more