A very large percentage of the lifetime costs of rooftop solar go into its installation, as rooftop solar power systems have low operations and maintenance costs and zero fuel costs. As a result, there is a significant interest in the UK and elsewhere to know the latest costs of installation of rooftop solar power systems.
Rooftop solar power plant installations comprise the following components:
- Solar panels
- Mounting structures
- Balance of systems (cables, junction boxes etc.)
- Installation costs
Note: We have considered rooftop solar power plants without batteries.
|Based on analyses of the various sources, as of 2015, the overall cost for a rooftop solar system without subsidies in the UK is estimated to be the following:
1.5-2 pounds/W for residential (up to 10 kW) and 1-1.4 pounds per/W for industrial and commercial (25 kW and higher)
Sources & References for Installation Cost of Rooftop Solar for UK
In a finding, according to the Department of Energy and Climate Change, the cost per KW of installation for different system size bands between January 2015 and March 2015 is given below:
|Size Band (KW)||Average Cost of installation (£/KW)|
Please refer this link for Excel sheet: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/solar-pv-cost-data
Solar PV Capital Cost Estimates, £000 per MW, 2014 prices
- What is the Cost of Rooftop Solar Power (p/kWh) in the UK?
- What is the Cost of Utility Scale Solar Power (c/kWh) in the US?
- What is the Cost of Rooftop Solar Power (C/Kwh) in the US?
- How Much Do Solar Mountings Cost?
- Is Solar Power Cost Affordable without Subsidies?
- What Will Be the Cost of Solar by 2017?
- Can I have Rooftop Solar Installed without Any Upfront Cost?