Solar Company – Due Diligence Services from Solar Mango
Solar power is growing at a tremendous pace in India.
Not surprisingly, such a strong growth is also witnessing significant amounts of M&A activities.
In some cases, M&A is happening as attractive targets emerge; in some other cases, acquisitions of small or weak companies are happening because they are available at a low acquisition price.
As a result of the above, Solar Mango has seen a significant increasing in the number of companies seeking our assistance for due diligence of Indian solar energy companies.
Utilizing our knowledge of, and leadership in the Indian solar energy sector, and exceptional professional contacts along the entire length and breadth of the solar energy industry, we offer Market & Technical Due Diligence services for along the entire solar energy value chain, both for solar photovoltaic and solar thermal.
Specifically for solar photovoltaic, Solar Mango can provide expert due diligence for companies in any part of the value chain:
- Cell Manufacturers
- Module Manufacturers
- Solar power plant developers/IPPs
- Solar off-grid product suppliers – solar water pumps, solar streetlights and lanterns, solar /LED combo products
- Solar EPCs
- Solar PV Component and sub-component manufacturers – trackers, mounting structures, inverters, cables, connectors, backsheets and more.
- Other innovative solar solutions providers such as solar/wind hybrid products
Apart from the above, Solar Mango can provide due diligence & evaluation for solar thermal companies as well (solar water heaters, industrial process heating using medium temperature solar thermal technologies, and concentrating solar thermal for heat and power).
Solar Mango can provide due diligence/evaluation on the following:
- Technology Assessment – We can do an assessment of the solar technology/equipments used to determine their real worth in terms of what they can produce and their technological maturity/superiority
- Market Assessment – We can do a thorough assessment of the market for the product/solutions of the target company. This includes detailed research of the present and future demand and supply, competition, key drivers of success (including analyses of the key policies of the government and their impact on the company), and more. This part of the research will provide an effective understanding of the market structure and situation of the target company.
- Assessment of the Company Management – Successful solar energy companies need their top management to have both excellent domain knowledge of the industry, as well as possess strategic decision making skills. Solar Mango, with its team of industry experts as well as MBAs from top business schools, is well placed to do this part of due diligence for the target companies.
Solar Mango can thus assist those keen on investing in, or acquiring solar energy companies, with a comprehensive due diligence that includes a thorough technical, market and management due diligence.
With our expertise of the industry and our nimble work ethic, we can complete such due diligence in relatively short duration, providing the investor with critical intelligence and analyses to aid in their decision making.