Take Help from Experts @ Solar Mango
Business Case for Captive Solar Power Plant
- The cost of solar power is decreasing all the time. As of Oct 2015, cost of generation of solar power is only slightly above Rs 6/kWh
- Whereas cost of grid power for corporates in many parts of India is more than Rs 8 per unit, and expected to increase even further.
- This makes it attractive for companies that are large consumers of electricity to explore captive solar power plant options
- If your company consumes about 1 lac units or more of electricity every month, and paying Rs.7/kWh or more, a captive solar power plant could be a good option for you to save costs and secure your electricity price for 25 years.
Steps Involved in Captive Solar Power Plant Implementation
- Analyse your current power consumption and compare it to the cost of solar power
- Estimate future cost trends for your grid power and compare it to the lifetime cost of solar power. This step will establish the financial feasibility of a captive solar power plant for your business.
- If feasibility exists, analyse your state solar policy and regulations to identify incentives and constraints for captive solar power generation.
- If the above are favourable, estimate the total solar power plant capacity required for your captive solar power plant
- Identify land for putting up solar power plant
- Identify the EPC for putting the solar power plant
- Design and implement the solar power plant in the most optimal manner
Need for Experts for Captive Solar Power Plant
- All the above steps can be done better and more effectively if an expert, who understands every step, is with you all along the way.
How Can Solar Mango Help?
Solar Mango has a specialized team for assisting companies keen on exploring putting up captive solar power plants. Following are the services we can do for you:
- Estimate the optimal capacity you need for your captive solar power plant – this will be based on your existing power consumption and the costs associated with it.
- Our finance team will develop a robust financial model that will provide a precise idea of the business case you have for captive solar power plants.
- The Solar Mango team is fully updated on the solar policies of all the major states, and how these policies affect captive solar power generation. We will analyse these to determine the extent of incentives and costs attached to captive solar power plants. This stage will determine the actual landed cost of solar power for your company.
- If need be, we can assist you in land identification
- One of the specific stages where companies seek our assistance is to identify the correct EPC for installing the solar power plant. Selecting the right EPC can make a tremendous difference to the success of your business.
- Coordinate with the EPC for key component selection in order to arrive at the best design and components that maximize power generation over the next 25 years
- Assist in project review, monitoring and control during the power plant construction period.
Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Captive Solar Power Plant
Who is Solar Mango?
Solar Mango is the #1 Guide for Solar, with a special focus on India.
For India, in addition to providing guidance on a variety of solar energy aspects for the entire spectrum of end users, Solar Mango also provides custom consulting and research for the following:
- Assisting Solar Power Developers/Independent Power Producers in their power plant installations – financial feasibility analysis, EPC section, assistance in financial closure, report preparation
- Corporation Diversification Strategy for solar energy opportunities – market potential analysis & entry strategy
- Assisting International Firms to enter the Indian solar energy sector – market potential analysis, entry strategy and marketing channel set up
- Feasibility and Strategy Consulting for companies setting up manufacturing facilities for the solar sector – market status update, technical and economic feasibility, assistance in machinery vendor selection
Get in Touch
Send us a message to know more on how Solar Mango can help your organisation.