If you have a limited rooftop area, it is natural that you are keen on getting the highest output from your solar panels from the area. How can you achieve this?
The following are the avenues through which you can maximise solar power generation from a limited rooftop area:
1. Ensure that any shade producing objects that can be removed are removed, so that you have more shade-free area for solar panel installation
2. Install high efficiency solar panels that can generate more electricity from the same area than a low efficiency solar panel. For the same area, a higher efficiency solar panel generates more electricity – this should not be surprising, given that efficiency is defined as the ratio of the energy output to the energy input.
3. Ensure that you take up regular solar panel maintenance so that the solar panels can generate to their maximum potential without being hindered by dust. Even though there are those who claim that cleaning the panels do not contribute much to power generation, it is a useful habit to ensure that your panels are clean – if rains are not washing away the dirt, make sure that you clean the panels with water once every 2 weeks, or at least once a month.
4. Ensure that your inverter and cables are of good quality so that a very high % of solar power generated by the solar panels are converted to useful power for the loads. It is not enough for your panels to be generating the maximum units of electricity. It is equally important that this electricity is transmitted to the inverter with little losses, and in turn converted from DC to AC by the inverter with little losses.
You Might Want to Check Out these Questions Too on Performance
- Will a Solar Panel Really Last 25 Years?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a High Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Moderate Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Low Sunlight Region?-Here
- Do Some Solar Panels Perform Better than Other in Low Sunlight?-Here
- How Do I Know if My Solar Panels are Generating Maximum Possible Electricity?-Here
- How Do I Know Thin Film Solar Panels Can Work for 25 Years?-Here
- Is Choosing a Very High Efficiency Panel a Good Idea?-Here
- What is the Highest Efficiency for Solar Panels in 2016?-Here
- Do High Efficiency Solar Panels Generate More Electricity than Low Efficiency Panels?-Here
- What Will be a Solar Panel’s Efficiency After 25 Years?-Here
- What are the Typical Solar Panel Efficiency I Should Look for?-Here
- How Much Generation Decrease Can Result from Dust on Solar Panels?-Here
- How Much Electricity will a Solar Panel Generate in a Year?-Here
- What is the Warranty Available for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Standard Performance Guarantee Work for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Linear Performance Guarantee Works for Solar Panels?-Here