The answer to this question depends on the following:
- Solar Radiation
- Quality of the Components
- Output for High Radiation Regions
- Output for Moderate Radiation Regions
- Output for Low Radiation Regions
The extent of solar power generation depends on the solar radiation at that location, measured as DNI (direct normal irradiance). DNIs vary from 5.5 kWh/m2/day for high sunshine regions to as less than 3 kWh/m2/day for many regions with low-moderate sunlight.
Quality of Components
Always go for quality panels, inverters and cables. A good quality solar power system could cost 10% higher, but could generate up to 30% more than an average system, all aspects considered, over a 25 year life time.
How frequently you clean your panels and monitor your inverter and other components for repairs can significantly affect generation. For instance, a poorly maintained system can generate up to 25% less power than a well maintained one.
Output for High Radiation Regions
Very high solar radiation regions can generate up to 5 kWh /kW/day on average, or about 1800 kWh per year.
Output for Moderate Radiation Regions
Moderate solar radiation regions can generate in the range 3.5-4 kWh /kW/day on average, or about 1250-1450 kWh per year.
Output for Low Radiation Regions
Regions with low solar radiation could have generations as low as 2.5 kWh/kW/day on average, or just 900 kWh/year from 1 kW. Solar power might not be recommended for regions with solar power generation lower than 900 kWh/year/kW.
You Might Want to Check Out these Questions Too on Performance
- Will a Solar Panel Really Last 25 Years?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a High Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Moderate Sunlight Region?-Here
- How Much Electricity Will Solar Panels Produce in a Low Sunlight Region?-Here
- Do Some Solar Panels Perform Better than Other in Low Sunlight?-Here
- How Do I Know if My Solar Panels are Generating Maximum Possible Electricity?-Here
- How Do I Know Thin Film Solar Panels Can Work for 25 Years?-Here
- Is Choosing a Very High Efficiency Panel a Good Idea?-Here
- How Can I Maximise Generation from Solar Panels from a Limited Rooftop Area?-Here
- What is the Highest Efficiency for Solar Panels in 2016?-Here
- Do High Efficiency Solar Panels Generate More Electricity than Low Efficiency Panels?-Here
- What Will be a Solar Panel’s Efficiency After 25 Years?-Here
- What are the Typical Solar Panel Efficiency I Should Look for?-Here
- How Much Generation Decrease Can Result from Dust on Solar Panels?-Here
- What is the Warranty Available for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Standard Performance Guarantee Work for Solar Panels?-Here
- How Does a Linear Performance Guarantee Works for Solar Panels?-Here